Temporary Data Administrator
This role encompasses data transformation capability, extracting existing bill of material and component parts data from an existing ERP system used within BRUSH Switchgear, transposing this data into the required format within Microsoft Excel where it can be inputted into BRUSH Switchgear’s new ERP system (SAGE X3).
Work will be carried out along side a project delivery team and a team of Engineers to support formatting material construction.
- Reports Directly into Engineering Manager and Engineering Development Lead.
- Responsible for collection and extracting of information from existing ERP System (Visibility), extraction is carried out primarily via Microsoft Excel.
- Inputting extracted data into new ERP System (SAGE X3).
- Innovate and develop tools to speed up the processing and transformation of data i.e. macros within excel to automate aspects of the information.
- Support Bill of Material construction.
- Understanding of the importance of arranging the data into usable sections to input and manipulate.
- Complete regular assessments and ‘sense checks’ to ensure the format is correctly aligned to the project requirements.
- Keep a record of each contract that is completed and available for use in the new system.
The Ideal Candidate
- Recognised Microsoft Excel course - Advanced Excel
- Recognised Project planning course
- The attitude and will to want to make a difference and to support other team members
- Must have the ability to work to deadlines
- Have a disciplined and enthusiastic approach, which captures the commitment of others
- Detail oriented with the skill set to resolve problems around data construction
- Use with ERP system, preferably SAGE X3
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members in other departments
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong project management skills
About the Company
BRUSH Switchgear already serve thousands of customers around the world, offering both AC and DC solutions not only to electrical distribution utilities but also to individual public and private sector end user organisations operating in a variety of settings.
Using our skills and experience to produce solutions which have put us at the forefront of switchgear system design. Our magnetic actuator and electromagnetic spring innovations are widely acclaimed developments which still provide the company with a leading edge in circuit breaker technology.
Our products are independently recognised by the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Queens Awards Committee and can be found operating in installations across the world in some of the most arduous environments.
Here at BRUSH Switchgear we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Overtime (for certain roles)
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private 24/7 GP Service
- Retailer Discounts