Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer - Eta Projects
We are an Mechanical, Electrical & Public Health (MEP) engineering design consultancy and much more.
We are currently undertakes projects ranging from several thousand pounds to multi-million-pound projects involving a vast array of engineering services in complex buildings.
Many of the projects are designed to achieve BREEAM targets and compliance with The London Plan. As such, knowledge of preparing and presenting evidence and supporting information and calculations for renewable and low energy solutions is important.
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate evidence be capable of performing in a Client facing role, collaborating with Client representatives and other design team members and also working collaboratively with a team which would comprise mechanical, electrical, public health and sustainability (thermal modelling) on a project-by-project basis.
- Production of electrical system designs and specifications
- Producing design calculations
- Review of electrical system designs and specifications
- Production of technical reports
- Undertake site surveys
- Coordination with external design teams; architectural, structural, PQS, CDM, etc and internal team; CAD, Revit, electrical, public health, sustainability disciplines.
- Inputting into practice improvements in work methods and delivery
- Collaborating with Associate Directors and Directors in identifying and implementing new work practices and innovation.
- Client facing Eta representative
- Acting as project leader on selected projects
- Collaborative working as part of a larger team on various projects.
- Ability to lead on multiple projects consecutively
- Attending meetings and delivering client presentations.
- Raising/promoting the level of technical excellence within the team.
- Working on a variety of interesting project types
- Working closely with others in a team environment.
- Monitoring project costs and time
- Maintaining project deliverables
The Ideal Candidate
- A HNC/Degree qualification - Electrical or building services
- Working towards Chartership.
- Professional membership of relevant institute (CIBSE, IET, IMechE, IHEEM)
- Experience of design in building services, (5-10 years minimum design experience).
- Operating at Intermediate Engineer role or similar for at least 2 years
- Client interaction skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, Amtech, Excel, MS Project etc
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Knowledge of HTMs would also be of benefit.
You will have experience in Electrical Engineering services systems designs across a range of building types and in particular health buildings experience. Specialist Training available for the right candidate.
You will also possess excellent communication skills to confidently impact design team meetings as well as build and sustain a strong relationship between your team and the end client.
About the Company
Eta Projects Ltd, part of the BRUSH Group, is a multi-disciplined engineering consultancy practice that specialise in mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) infrastructure projects. Accredited and active members of many professional institutes, ETA Projects Ltd are a Lloyds registered designer for network substations up to and including 33kV and ensure business continuity for mission critical infrastructures.
Providing a wide range of specialist infrastructure design and operational support services, ETA Projects Ltd specialises in critical power systems, especially the integration of new systems into existing complex environments, including acute healthcare, environment, secure IT, education and commercial enterprises.