Senior Civil Engineer - Poise
We are an expanding professional engineering consultancy business based in London. With existing clients in the Electric Vehicle, Rail, Built Environment and Energy related sectors, we have built up a loyal and expanding customer base.
Due to this growth, we are now looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, and ambitious Senior Civil Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience to help maximise growth opportunities within the UK other worldwide markets.
This role would suit an ambitious person who wants to push the boundaries and looking to grow their career in an expanding company offering excellent on-going opportunities in varied roles.
This role will form part of the engineering team at the company. You will be reporting to the Principal Civil Engineer directly and your responsibilities will be:
- Developing, reviewing, updating, and modifying Civil design works
- Undertake and deliver high-quality detailed engineering design for Civil and structural systems, including calculations for civil and structural elements, layouts, construction details, specifications, BoQ, and other documents required
- Liaising with clients, Project Managers and other engineers to ensure projects are completed to specifications and within the programme
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with clients, vendors, suppliers, and other professionals, and expanding networks
- Maintaining and improving existing engineering processes
- Ensuring a safe, positive work environment
- Line manager role for the Design and CAD Engineers
- Responsible for quality assurance in the design/ check/ approval process
- Identifying areas where staff training and development is required, client interface/meetings, participating in Technical/Safety Audits, providing bid/tender assistance and sales support and providing external audit support
The Ideal Candidate
Essential requirements of this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Master's degree preferable
- Practical experience in Civil Design Software (i.e., Staad Pro, Tedds, or any other 3D software )
- Practical experience in RCC, Structural steel, foundations, Geotech, Masonry and other civil element design
- Capable of preparing the Design basis and specifications
- Capable of leading the project technically and delivering independently
- Essential experience in Substation/Switchyards up to 132kV including equipment support, gantries, tower, ransformer, layouts, cable management, building and enabling works designs
- A knack for layout development will be preferable
- Strong report-writing skills
- Capable of producing the assurance documents to support the design
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills
- Excellent motivational skills and multitasking abilities
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and IT literate
- Drive and ambition with the desire to succeed
- Excellent soft skills, leadership and work well in a team
- Good working knowledge of the Euro, British, and Indian codes and industry standards
- Knowledge of CAD software like Microstation or Autocad
- Working knowledge with Network Rail, DLR, and LU will be beneficial
About the Company
Poise, part of the BRUSH Group, is a multi-disciplinary design consultancy providing a wide range of turnkey commercial engineering services, with significant expertise within EV charging and rail infrastructure projects.
With highly experienced engineers across many disciplines, the Poise team can support projects at all stages of development, from initial concept to engineering and technical consultancy.
With safety ingrained at every stage of the process, Poise is committed to adding value through the safe, efficient, and cost-effective delivery of high-quality engineering solutions.