As a critical part of the BRUSH Group’s Operations organisation, the Project Manager (PM) will be working in close cooperation with the teams of the products focused businesses (TX and SWGR, new build). This role oversees and project manages the business end-to-end process from PO placement to Product Delivery across all functions and departments involved. Primary duties include setting goals, tasks and timelines, reviewing progress and making adjustments as necessary. The Project manager is accountable for monitoring the build progress against promised dates, the financial project review and reporting and the product quantity. Building strong and trusted relationships is a key part of this role, as is the need to provide systemic feedback as part of our continuous improvement drive.
- Ensure execution of projects on time and on budget by maintaining clear visibility of progress and engaging with all required departments within BRUSH
- Review and create a method for monitoring the progress of the company’s manufacturing projects; improving efficiency, reducing throughput time and maximising the effectiveness at functional handover points.
- Drive effective and efficient communication to the stakeholders. Building relationships both internally and externally and integrating the voice of the customer into program activities.
- Establishing and maintaining regular customer reporting rhythms during project execution.
- Constant and timely customer liaison regarding progress, delivery date and or delay during project execution.
- Work effectively across the Organisational Matrix to prioritise, monitor, align and report relevant metrics – such as S&OP, production scheduling, delivery forecasting, demand management, order-book management, revenue and margin, debt collection & cashflow, quality etc.
- Effectively escalates issues that affect program deliverables and drive resolutions cross-functionally in a timely fashion.
- Proactively work with the program, engineering, sourcing and supply chain to achieve OP targets via issue resolution, bottleneck identification & process improvement. Ensure all hardware deliverables (development and production) are delivered on time, in full and on budget.
- Developing strong relationships with team members and key business stakeholders.
- Interacting with and managing resources and ensuring timely delivery of programmes.
- After completion of project, ensure appropriate handover to the Customer Services Manager, in particular making sure the installed base data is accurately updated.
- Create and manage analytics and reports and update the key business stakeholders about the programme.
- Supporting and resolving issues and problem resolution with management and stakeholders, always be solving for the customer.
- Identify upsell & cross-sell opportunities & effective strategies to help customers realise benefits of full range of BRUSH offerings.
- Capture and/or update install base
- Confirming successful delivery at the programme’s completion.
The Ideal Candidate
A successful Programme Manager candidate will have various prerequisite skills and qualifications, these include:-
- In-depth knowledge of programme and project management methods and principles (PMI/PMP type Project Management Qualification would be advantageous).
- Three to five years of experience in programme management and experience in a technical project management or related role.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities across business and technology.
- Exceptional leadership and organisational skills.
- In-depth understanding of performance evaluation principles.
- Proficiency in various programme management software, including MS Office, MS Project and Basecamp.
- Ability to manage stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Take initiative: identify opportunities for improvement and take them to the next level without being told.
- Attention to detail and time management skills.
- Candidates with extensive managerial experience are ideal for this role.
- The minimum education requirement for a Programme Manager position is a bachelor’s degree.
An industry-recognised certification, such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) credential, the Certified Associate in Project Management certification and the Program Management Professional credential.
About the Company
BRUSH Switchgear already serve thousands of customers around the world, offering both AC and DC solutions not only to electrical distribution utilities but also to individual public and private sector end user organisations operating in a variety of settings.
Using our skills and experience to produce solutions which have put us at the forefront of switchgear system design. Our magnetic actuator and electromagnetic spring innovations are widely acclaimed developments which still provide the company with a leading edge in circuit breaker technology.
Our products are independently recognised by the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Queens Awards Committee and can be found operating in installations across the world in some of the most arduous environments.
Here at BRUSH Switchgear we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Overtime (for certain roles)
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private 24/7 GP Service
- Retailer Discounts