IT Support Analyst
The IT Support Analyst will report to the Service Delivery Manager and will work within the Service Delivery team. This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
The IT Support Analyst will be responsible for providing 1st / 2nd line end-user support, acting as the first point of contact for all IT related requests – triaging and managing user queries in line with the Service Delivery process and agreed SLA’s.
- Provide first and second line support to users in line with the published Service Delivery catalogue
- Utilise in-house ticketing help desk system to triage, resolve or re-assign end-user requests
- Ensure that tickets are fully and accurately documented in real time, from logging to closing
- Perform local and remote troubleshooting for end users over multiple sites
- Set up, install & roll out of hardware i.e., laptops, desktops, mobile devices etc.
- Onboarding of new users, including basic training and review of IT policies
- Maintain IT asset register and associated systems
- Assist in the investigation of security alerts and provide incident response
- Creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures
- Provide excellent levels of service to our customers
- Promote secure IT working practices throughout the business, that align to company policies and support cyber awareness
- Windows 10/11
- Office 365 Support & Administration
- Active Directory Users, Groups and Computers
- Operating system deployment SCCM, Intune or WDS
- Mobile device deployment Intune and iOS
- Basic network support DHCP and DNS
- Minimum two years’ experience in desktop support
- Experience of documenting standard operating procedures & work instructions
- Experience of deploying apps and patches through SCCM or Intune
- Experience in Mimecast mail protection and web filtering
- Claranet cloud telephony and Microsoft Teams Voice
- Monitoring of Veeam backups
- Linux or Unix knowledge
- Experience in supporting Dell hardware
- Power BI
Experience of Papercut print management, and Canon MFP’s
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about problem solving and customer service, a team player who enjoys partnering and helping people understand processes.
- Ideally with an experience of working within an ITIL framework, or knowledge of its principles
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Work effectively within both on-site and remote teams
- Ability to collaboratively solve complex problems
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently on tasks
- Assess & recommend appropriate solution for business requirements
- Multi-task / prioritise in an ambiguous work environment
- Manage upwards clearly articulating areas of support and concerns
- Define and work according to Standards
About the Company
BRUSH Switchgear already serve thousands of customers around the world, offering both AC and DC solutions not only to electrical distribution utilities but also to individual public and private sector end user organisations operating in a variety of settings.
Using our skills and experience to produce solutions which have put us at the forefront of switchgear system design. Our magnetic actuator and electromagnetic spring innovations are widely acclaimed developments which still provide the company with a leading edge in circuit breaker technology.
Our products are independently recognised by the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Queens Awards Committee and can be found operating in installations across the world in some of the most arduous environments.
Here at BRUSH Switchgear we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Overtime (for certain roles)
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private 24/7 GP Service
- Retailer Discounts