Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
We are looking for an experienced dynamic and commercially focused FP&A manager to join our Solutions business that gathers our activities of construction projects and design works.
The successful candidate will support the Operational leaders and take responsibility for the reporting and forecasting of the financial statements of the business as well as the governance of our portfolio of projects. Together with the technical skillsets, we are looking for candidate who has a strong business acumen, excellent organisational skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels throughout the organisation.
Reporting and forecasting of financial statements
- Co-ordinate, construct, and present Quarterly Forecast and annual Budget with business leaders with clear recommendations and commentary
- Participate in monthly financial closing and ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Produce variance analysis, based on group's requirements.
- Identify and lead efficiency initiatives to improve financial performance of the Solutions business.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of processes across the finance function, analysing costs and weighing these against the benefits.
Governance of our portfolio of projects
- Partner with the Project Management Office (PMO) to define the business guidelines for project reviews. Ensure financial compliance of the projects in portfolio to those guidelines.
- Administrate and co-lead the project review cycles with the PMO office.
- Communication of the project margin variances, risks and opportunities and follow-up on the action items.
The Ideal Candidate
- CIMA, ACA, ACCA (or equivalent) qualified
- Batchelors Degree in Finance, Accounting (or related field)
- Communicates financial information and concepts in a clear, precise, thorough manner to meet the needs of both finance and non-finance audiences.
- Budget / Forecasting consolidations
- Analytical - organizing information and manipulates data, develops reporting to identify/explain trends, problems, and mitigating actions.
- Presence and confidence to interact with stakeholders at all levels throughout the organisation. Ability to leverage influence across teams and cultures.
- Advanced Excel
- Remains calm under pressure and filters that pressure to positively affect individual performance
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously / strong organisational skills
- Commercially focused
- Experience in project controlling and over-time accounting method.
- 8-10 years of FP&A experience
- 5 years post qualification
- Experience with ERP
- Financial Modelling
About the Company
BRUSH Switchgear already serve thousands of customers around the world, offering both AC and DC solutions not only to electrical distribution utilities but also to individual public and private sector end user organisations operating in a variety of settings.
Using our skills and experience to produce solutions which have put us at the forefront of switchgear system design. Our magnetic actuator and electromagnetic spring innovations are widely acclaimed developments which still provide the company with a leading edge in circuit breaker technology.
Our products are independently recognised by the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Queens Awards Committee and can be found operating in installations across the world in some of the most arduous environments.
Here at BRUSH Switchgear we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Overtime (for certain roles)
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private 24/7 GP Service
- Retailer Discounts