Sage X3 Developer
BRUSH Group are seeking an experienced Sage X3 developer to join their expanding business processes team.
The successful candidate, working alongside the Applications Manager and Implementation Manager, will be a key player in supporting the deployment of the Business Processes Strategy: thriving for excellence, driving a culture of harmonisation & continuous improvement, and adding value to the Business.
The Sage X3 Developer will be responsible for the development and implementation of enhancements and bug fixes in our applications and integrations. They will provide a wide range of expertise across all aspects of the X3 application and database layer, supporting the ongoing and upcoming deployments, including controls and governance.
In addition, the Sage X3 Developer will help mentor and train other members of the team.
- Development, configuration & documentation for X3
- Recommendations for improvements to support business efficiencies – understanding current config and suggestions for future releases.
- Coordinate the deployments of the implementations of changes.
- Maintain and develop workflow rules, batch server tasks, process flows.
- Working with the Applications Team; define (scope) > design > build > test > train > document > release.
- Schedule daily checks and general housekeeping on the application and database
- Provide immediate support in the following areas: Testing Phase, design of Crystal reports – outputs, SEI reporting requirements, user role/permission set up, data import activities and the cutover and go live activities.
- Support the ongoing implementation project and first roll out, ensuring the key features are supported and bugs fixed.
- Assist with problem solving and reviews of software architecture appropriate to strategic direction.
- Support the design architecture and developments for the subsequent releases, adhering to the change management process.
- Profile ongoing and future implementations to troubleshoot any potential problems, create and submit test reports for database improvement and code improvements.
- Identify areas for customisations/modifications in existing deployments, driving a continuous improvement agenda working closely with the Business teams whilst keeping to the scope and integrity of X3.
- Coding methodology that is efficient and scalable This includes collecting data, analyzing the data, drawing flowcharts, and implementing code.
- Develops design recommendations and documents to facilitate in-house development projects based on architectural and functional specifications provided by team.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive suite of regression testing and performance tuning tools.
- Estimates development work and ensures targets are met by achieving budget goals.
- Documents all work to the standards and practices provided by the Team Lead.
- Serve as a role model for professionalism, teamwork, trust, and collaboration.
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate not only about developing code but also in understanding the operations that the code is being used for and how you can integrate the two for seamless customer use.
- Demonstrates understanding of goals and objectives, and customer business needs.
- Enjoys business partnering and helping people understand processes.
- A team player, able to effectively influence and communicate cross functionally and able to engage at all levels in the organisation.
- Critical thinker with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Stakeholder management skills, including ability to influence.
- Ability to work effectively within both on-site and remote teams.
- Ability to manage upwards clearly articulating areas of support and concerns.
- Proactive approach to developing and enhancing business processes.
- Ability to manage change at pace and multitask & prioritise in an ambiguous work environment.
- Creative problem solver: ability to collaboratively solve complex problem.
- Ability to assess & recommend appropriate solution for business requirements.
- Take ownership of deliverables and drive effective decision making.
- Self-motivated, ability to work using own initiative to proactively influence solutions
Skills and Experience
- 2 + Years Experience with Sage X3 coding, including: Developing Screen, Windows, Object and Functions. Modifying existing processes using events and actions. Debugging and optimising X3.
- SQL skills
- 2+ Years Experience in Sage X3 System Administration
Experience in the following areas is also essential:
- ERP deployment projects
- Software development life cycles
- Analysing and manipulating data/spreadsheets.
- Documenting processes, specifications, policies, standards
- Ability to write technical documentation.
- Understanding of governance and internal controls
About the Company
BRUSH Group provide agile and adaptive engineering solutions and products, including consultancy services, design, and project management as well as award-winning product technology, to a wide range of projects.
A chosen partner for national and regional power generation and distribution network operators, through innovation and a commitment to delivering solutions that address grid-resilience and drive system change, we support the global drive to net-zero, helping create a future-proof Infrastructure.