To assure effective, value for money, core purchase of production materials; sourcing and managing professional supplier relationships beneficial to BRUSH and assuring quality service to the business.
Procuring all business requirements at the right price, delivered to the right place, at the right time in the right quantity and with the right quality, all done in a safe and responsible manner.
The Purchasing Administrator has responsibility for a portfolio of procurement activity across a variety of materials, commodities, and services. A key business contributor within the Procurement team, with the daily activity underpinning the overall business objectives, adding value, reducing total cost of ownership, and delivering exceptional operational and customer service. The role requires a proactive and logical mode of engagement to ensure the maximum yield from a complex supply chain.
Integrated within a team of specialist’s buyers managing several supply segments, you will be responsible for ensuring all production part requirements are met on-time, to the specified quality, with zero scope creep, at the lowest cost. This is a tactical sourcing role which will be highly administratively focused.
- To ensure the most cost effective and efficient inflow of materials and services through the application of purchasing best practice in accordance with BRUSH operating principles.
- To adhere to and comply with BRUSH codes of practice.
- Review and contribute to the delivery of personal, departmental, and business metrics and KPIs.
- Prepare and provide constructive contributions with team meetings that develop the business and department agenda as well as enhancing personal and team development.
- Drive the development of Procurement excellence within BRUSH.
- Responsible for the transaction of all MRP requirements in accordance with business stream outputs to a wide range of suppliers.
- Validating MRP output and managing demand patterns into the business.
- Progressing and expediting of all deliveries to BRUSH from vendors.
- Responsible for all Supplier Delivery schedules.
- Responsible for all Production requirements through open order book, expediting and pegging report management.
- To aid progression you will be given Accountability for a small number of commodities and/or suppliers assigned with support from a nominated Buyer / Senior Buyer.
- Support Vendor benchmarking and contribute to Vendor change.
- Support and prepare background information to aid Buyers in negotiation across the complete portfolio (RFI / Q preparation and background information gathering)
- Assist with sending out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and prepared quotations for the relevant buyer.
- Adjusting order coverage in place / issuing orders to maintain the adequate supply of goods and rescheduling orders according to the build and master schedule production plans.
- Monitoring and reporting of vendor performance (both within BRUSH and to supplier.)
- Work closely with the buyers to set up and managing an array of procurement and replenishment modes.
- Support the creation and maintenance of key business parameters within MRP.
- Internal Production point of contact for all supply updates, issues, and concerns. (Shortage / Pegging Report Ownership)
- Identification of contract and vendor consolidation opportunities.
- Deliver an exceptional level of customer experience to all touch points.
- Contribute to the Creation, development and maintenance of the purchasing and supplier plans, segmentation matrices, cost reduction plans etc.
- Contribute and populate data within SPM and SRM scorecards were required.
- Participate in progress / status review meetings, both internally and externally.
- Participate in vendor audits where required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to work upon direction or autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to adopt new approaches
- Knowledge of MRP & MRP II Systems
- Computer literate with the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work with all recognised IT systems including proficiency of use in Microsoft Office applications, (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, etc.) and internet/intranet applications.
- Excellent numerical skills
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organised
- Capacity planning
About the Company
BRUSH Switchgear already serve thousands of customers around the world, offering both AC and DC solutions not only to electrical distribution utilities but also to individual public and private sector end user organisations operating in a variety of settings.
Using our skills and experience to produce solutions which have put us at the forefront of switchgear system design. Our magnetic actuator and electromagnetic spring innovations are widely acclaimed developments which still provide the company with a leading edge in circuit breaker technology.
Our products are independently recognised by the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Queens Awards Committee and can be found operating in installations across the world in some of the most arduous environments.
Here at BRUSH Switchgear we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Overtime (for certain roles)
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private 24/7 GP Service
- Retailer Discounts