The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting the Project Managers in managing the project execution process throughout the project lifecycle, in line with the departmental delivery processes and procedures whilst meeting or exceeding the project delivery targets and maintaining client satisfaction throughout.
- Conduct project engineering activities as actioned by the Project Manager.
- Ensure all Risks, Actions, Issues and Decisions are entered onto the project RAID log and support with expediting the close out of all actions.
- Assist with the project setup activities within the Initiate and Plan phase, such as setting up the project filing system and loading commercial information onto the Enterprise Resourcing Planning (ERP) systems.
- Review all contractual and commercial requirements within the client contract / purchase order and ensure any discrepancies from the tender and sales handover process are flagged and managed accordingly.
- Upon successful completion of the Initiate and Plan gate review, submit the order acknowledgement to the client.
- Support the Project Manager with delivery of the project kick off meetings as required.
- Support the Project Manager with delivery of the client kick off meetings as required.
- Issue and receive documentation as detailed within the contractual Document Requirement List to the client (and suppliers if applicable) through a formal document control system.
- Assist with the expediting of procurement as required to ensure all goods are received in line with the project schedule.
- Collate both internal and supplier manufacturing records and submit to the client.
- In conjunction with the client’s requirements, plan the post ex-works delivery activities such as storage and installation / commissioning as required. Manage the handover of relevant information to allow all necessary parties to proceed with their activities.
- Submit all client invoices and collate and provide any required supporting evidence.
- Submit all client variations and collate and provide any required supporting evidence.
- Arrange and deliver client project update meetings as required.
- Produce and issue project update reports as required.
- Support the department with continuous development of the portfolio process and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in project management, engineering, or a related field (Desirable)
- Formal Project Management Qualification (Desirable)
- Strong organisation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical background
- Project engineering experience in an electrical and / or mechanical environment
- Experience working for a Distribution Network Operator (Desirable)
- Experience of working within a manufacturing industry (Desirable)
About the Company
BRUSH Group provide agile and adaptive engineering solutions and products, including consultancy services, design, and project management as well as award-winning product technology, to a wide range of projects.
A chosen partner for national and regional power generation and distribution network operators, through innovation and a commitment to delivering solutions that address grid-resilience and drive system change, we support the global drive to net-zero, helping create a future-proof Infrastructure.