We have a fantastic opportunity for a Transformer Winder to join our production team based in Loughborough. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to build different types of coil windings whilst ensuring quality transformer products are produced on time. To succeed in this role, you will have the ability to read engineering drawings to build transformers and understand specifications to manufacture LV, HV, and tap coil windings with different type of paper insulated copper conductors.
- Inspecting materials for example, copper, cylinders, insulations prior to start of each project.
- Using calibrated measuring tools such as micrometers, vernier calipers etc.
- Operating and controlling a lathe type coil winding machine.
- Operating overhead cranes and electric pallet truck, guillotine after being given training.
- Standing/upending, plating, and oven processing of all coil windings.
- Maintaining 5S standards and other housekeeping activities of winding shop area.
- Ensuring process and quality control plans are filled in regularly kept up to date.
- The job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be required of you by the company.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have experience of working in the manufacturing environment for at least 5 years, preferably in a transformer winding. You will also be a flexible team player (willing to work shifts as per the business requirements) and have good interpersonal and communication skills.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities