Test and Support Engineer
BRUSH Switchgear has an opportunity for a Test & Support Engineer to provide prepare, execute and report on a variety of type and functional tests on products in development projects. The Test Engineer contributes to identify performance limits and ensures that the end result of the switchgear design is in accordance with product requirement specification.
- Prepare, execute and report on test on new designs, cost reductions, and design modifications that will assure product performances in accordance with business plans.
- Management of the test area (including material management for prototype build)
- Support prototype/pre-production build
- Interface with Project Managers and Engineers during product development and provide valuable feedback on the product limits and issues to be addressed in the design.
- Draft test procedures and test reports.
- Manage test equipment perform data analysis.
- Propose improvement on test setting for enhancing the test performances and/or widening internal test portfolio.
- Interface with Project leaders for planning test activities in support to all department projects.
- Provide valuable feedback on the product limits and concerns to be addressed in the design during products development.
- Undertake a variety of technology/engineering assignments, mainly in research and development projects, which demonstrates independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions.
- Maintain awareness of state-of-art technology and understand technical drivers for PD projects in own area.
- Understand customer value in own projects and work to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction using data.
- Advise the business and customers in areas such as QE investigations.
The Ideal Candidate
- HND in an Engineering Discipline
- Recognised Apprenticeship would be of advantage
- Demonstrate strong project management skills
- Self-motivated with positive attitude to meet deadlines and work schedules
- Have a disciplined and enthusiastic approach.
- Detail oriented with the skill set to resolve problems effectively
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members in other departments
- Flexible approach.
- Ability to think laterally and identify multiple solutions to addressed problems.
- A good understanding of fundamental Mechanical and Electrical principles
- Type/Routine Testing knowledge
- Background in Mechanical/Electrical measurement.
- BS/IEC/IEEE standards knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Technical leadership ability.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge on product development, gate process will be an advantage
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Relevant experience in a similar industrial environment role
- Experience of on mechanical and electrical test would be an advantage
About the Company
BRUSH Switchgear already serve thousands of customers around the world, offering both AC and DC solutions not only to electrical distribution utilities but also to individual public and private sector end user organisations operating in a variety of settings.
Using our skills and experience to produce solutions which have put us at the forefront of switchgear system design. Our magnetic actuator and electromagnetic spring innovations are widely acclaimed developments which still provide the company with a leading edge in circuit breaker technology.
Our products are independently recognised by the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Queens Awards Committee and can be found operating in installations across the world in some of the most arduous environments.
Here at BRUSH Switchgear we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Overtime (for certain roles)
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private 24/7 GP Service
- Retailer Discounts