We have a great opportunity for a Test Technician to join our Operations team at Brush Switchgear based in Blackwood, South Wales. The successful candidate will functionally test and inspect a range of Switchgear products using a range of both medium and high voltage test equipment.
- Ensuring that all products are correctly tested to the applicable standard/specification as per HSS test schedules.
- Operating medium and high voltage test equipment working safely at all times.
- Working in conformance with ISO 9001/12000 test standards.
- Producing reports on the causes of failures and inefficiencies using statistical data and cost analysis and recommending appropriate solutions /improvements to business systems.
- Ensuring that the company quality policy and management system is understood and adopted.
- Investigate/problem solve issues within the test department and report them to the supervisor.
- Apply production procedures and maintain them for test personnel.
- Identification and implementation of Health and Safety requirements within the Test department.
- Achieve on-time delivery of product testing in line with the agreed production plan.
- Willingness to be trained in delivering the company FAT programme across all products.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have a HNC or a degree in an Electrical discipline with an engineering experience of 3 years or more in a relevant discipline. ONC or equivalent will be considered in lieu of the above and 2 years of product familiarity would be desirable.
To succeed in this role, you must have good IT skills in Microsoft Excel and Word and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities