We are currently recruiting for a Test Engineer to join our Test department based at our BRUSH Transformers site in Loughborough. The successful candidate will be responsible for the accurate testing of BRUSH products and associated control equipment in line with appropriate guidelines, tolerances and health and safety legislations. This position will also involve producing accurate and detailed reports on each test escalating issues or concerns to the relevant manager.
- Electrical testing of high voltage products and components in accordance with the process specification.
- Carrying out testing of transformers and generators as per the international standards.
- Testing of all control equipment related to the high voltage products and produces all associated documentation.
- Preparation and wiring of transformers and generators components for testing in accordance with process specification.
- Testing of control cubicle and tap changers as SOPs and standards.
- Complete and maintain test record sheets.
- Ensuring all instruments used for testing are in calibration.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, which may include external customers witnessing tests.
- Assure compliance of components to drawing, design specification, mechanical and electrical test acceptance criteria through test or calculation.
- Raise non-conformance record for all non-compliant components, including any required sign off.
- Electrical fault finding and investigations as required by design or production.
- Support risk assessments and safe working procedures within department.
- Support with regards to assessment and requirement in the purchase of new or replacement equipment using areas of expertise.
- Proactively support all departmental activities and improvement opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have a NVQ Level 3 or ONC/D qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. You will also have experience of working with control systems, process specifications/engineering drawings and experience with rotating machines. To succeed in this role, you must have strong attention to detail, willingness to learn and develop new skills along with the ability to work on your own initiative.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities