Tender Electrical Design Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Tender Electrical Design Engineer to join BRUSH Transformers based in Loughborough. The successful candidate will deliver expert technical knowledge to the Brush Transformers Value Stream on electrical designs, ensuring that the capability and function of the transformer’s product exceeds customer requirements. You will work with a team of engineers to improve the electrical design for power transformers by applying leading edge engineering methods and solutions both internally and externally.
- Responsible for producing Tender Electrical designs of power Transformer and Reactor.
- Deliver tender and contract transformer designs and use analysis tools to improve the product.
- Responsible for producing Electrical designs of power Transformer and Reactor.
- Ability to perform both hand calculations and use design software to produce the necessary transformer design.
- Development and improvement of in-house computer design and optimisation programs to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensure that all designs and applied technology are compliant with the relevant technical, safety and environmental standards, codes of practice etc.
- Analysis of test results and feedback into database for future use and reference.
- Working with the customer to achieve the required specifications.
- The requirement to work cross functionally to develop best practice for Transformers designs.
- Understanding of engineering processes, quality systems and awareness of health and safety requirements.
- Flexibility to work outside of role as and when required to support team activities.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have 5 year’s experience in a similar role within a Transformer Original Equipment Manufacturer. You will also have a HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and be degree qualified. To succeed in this role, you be a technical expert and an individual who actively seeks to improve and enhance own and others expertise.
System or Knowledge
Knowledge in LAMP (Linux, Apache, My SQL & PHP is preferable.
Knowledge in C# or VB is preferable.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities