We have a great opportunity for a Technical Writer to join our Transformer Projects Management team based in Loughborough, Leicestershire. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating manuals and documentation for both Transformers & Switchgear to meet customer’s deliveries on time. This position will also involve developing manuals and ensuring all documentation is up to date.
- Design and compile a standard set of technical publications for the complete range of products at Brush Power Distribution, including Transformers and Switchgear.
- Support the Engineering Department to produce technical documents as and when required.
- Develop and maintain a coherent structure for Technical Publications to be CE and Machinery Directive compliant to include:
- Design, specification and implementation of a document management approach including the use of version control, cross referencing and indexing as appropriate.
- Inclusion of all components and analysis requirements to gain a CE Mark
- Ensure completed technical publications meet customer specifications in accordance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Produce written technical descriptions for new/revised equipment or process in conjunction with the Engineering Department.
- Maintain supplier’s literature database of any bought out equipment in BPD’s scope of supply.
The Ideal Candidate
- HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant experience in a similar industrial environment role
- Must understand and be compliant with the CE / machinery directive
- Experience in Technical publications
- Advanced proficiency of use in Acrobat Writer
- Highly computer literate with the ability to maintain accurate records
- Product knowledge of Transformers and Switchgear would be preferable
- Experience in the Power Systems or the Utilities sector is desirable.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.