Switchgear Commissioning Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Switchgear Commissioning Engineer to Brush. The successful candidate will carry out on-site commissioning, fault diagnosis, maintenance, inspections, repairs, and modification of BRUSH’s range of Switchgear products.
- Commissioning, repair, and maintenance of the companies range of Switchgear products, both on site and in the Brush Blackwood factory.
- Test and commission switchgear up to 33/36kV.
- Undertake fault diagnosis of switchgear and related equipment; test and rectify, as necessary.
- Interpret specifications and technical requirements; prepare method statements and prepare detailed and concise reports for submission to customers. attend technical meetings on site and at customers’ premises.
- Undergo training, if necessary to ensure that current and future H&S requirements are always met.
- Supervise and train customers’ site personnel.
- Carry out an on-site risk assessment on every assignment and record details thereof on the special form provided.
- Provide written reports on completion of each assignment.
- Accurately record time, attendance and retain VAT receipts for submission with all expense claims.
- All employees have a legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and to observe and follow the relevant systems, rules, and methods of working.
- Ensure all data protection activities of personal and special category data; pertaining to current employees, customers, and all other external stakeholders, are done so in line with the company’s data Protection Policy.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have a Minimum HNC (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering. You will also have previous experience of Switchgear and associated equipment and a high degree of technical competence. To succeed in the role, you be a self-sufficient, resourceful and a problem solver with the ability to represent the company at customers sites.
Please note this position involves extensive UK site working, in addition to attending sites both offshore and overseas, often for protracted periods.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities