Despite the current climate we are still keen to speak to experienced Software Engineers to join our Power Management Systems team (PMS).
Being part of the PMS team you will be joining a team of software engineers designing and programming software applications for intelligent power system control and load shedding applications, thereby being at the forefront of technology which proactively prevent blackouts and enables uninterrupted performance of critical processes and operations.
**PLEASE NOTE WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT CV SUBMISSIONS FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES FOR THIS POSITION.**
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the following
- Design of software for generator and power system control and monitoring systems.
- Develop user interface application for generator and power system application using C++, C#, WPF
- Work to high standards of software quality control including use of revision control software such as Git and CVS
- Preparation and review of technical specifications and application engineering for control system projects by reading and understanding automation system documents like Single Line Diagram, P&ID diagrams, C&E charts, I/O schedules etc.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant experience in software developing for power system applications or equivalent control systems using C++, C#, WPF for QNX, embedded Linux and Windows.
- More than anything we are looking for Software Engineers who are keen to develop new skills with our technology.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities