Working within the Site Services Department the role of Site Technician, is to carry out the mechanical and electrical maintenance and installation of BRUSH Switchgear throughout the UK, ensuring that Switchgear is repaired, maintained or installed as per BRUSH standards and Specifications. The role requires the Site Technician to work on new and heritage BRUSH Switchgear products throughout the UK.
- Taking the lead role at site for BRUSH when liaising with our customers, when required
- undertaking all the Electrical and Mechanical duties involved with Maintenance, Repairs and Installation of BRUSH Switchgear.
- Carry out investigations at site relating to quality or client switchgear failures
- Holding safety documents to allow BRUSH Engineers undertake work on isolated and earthed Switchgear
- Upholding the company’s values and commitments
- Advising clients with technical issues they may encounter
- Providing comprehensive reports of technically issues encountered whilst carrying out duties
- Carrying out SF6 Gassing works
- Reading, understanding BRUSH Engineering Drawings
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong Electrical or Mechanical Background with apprenticeship or with HNC Electrical/Mechanical background.
- Proven Track record of working on DNO HV Systems/ Substations
- Extensive Experience on a diverse range of HV/HV switchgear installations
- DNO Authorised Safety Document Holder
Skills & Experience:
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of structure and assembly of the company’s existing product range, particularly Eclipse, Quantum and Heritage
- A good understanding of basic Mechanical and Electrical principles
- An understanding of the Installation and testing requirements of switchgear standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent HS+E legislation understanding, especially relating to Electricity and Substation environments
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.