Senior Test Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Test Engineer to join our Transformer Test team in Loughborough, Leicestershire. The successful candidate will carry out routine, type, and special tests on Power Transformers. You will also be responsible for managing customers during FAT as well as following international and national standards.
- Responsible for carrying out all the routine tests, type tests and special tests on the Power Transformer as per the International and National Standards.
- Perform in process testing at various stages of manufacturing.
- Complete and maintain test record sheets.
- Ensuring and maintaining calibration of all the test equipment.
- Analysing and fault finding for partial discharge test failures
- Fault finding/investigations as required by design or production.
- Able to prepare test procedure/ITPs as per customer requirement
- Responsible for the maintenance of the test equipment and various high voltage test gears like generators, transformers, switchgears used for carrying out the tests on the transformers.
- Assist the test manager in planning of the daily and weekly testing activity.
- Responsible for carrying out customer witness testing.
- Raise non-conformance records for all non-compliant components including sign off where required.
- Responsible for training and support for Apprentices, Test Engineers and other members of the team.
- Support in the creation of risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Support with regards to purchase of new or replacement equipment using areas of expertise.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum qualifications Bachelor of Electrical Engineering/ relevant alternative.
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of impulse test and partial discharge testing on transformers.
- Knowledge of heat run test results calculation.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Sound understanding of electrical circuits and IEC/ENAT/ANSI Standards.
- Distribution/Power Transformer Testing background.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.