We have a great opportunity for a Senior Designer to join the Design Office team based in Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire. The successful candidate will design and produce engineering drawings for generator components, to the planned deadlines. You will also be responsible for supporting other Mechanical Designers with this task.
- Deliver engineering drawings to operations on time.
- To be the subject matter expert for their area of design.
- Design all components of the generator.
- Support operations, where required, with the production of the designed components
- Fully proficient in designing using 3D CAD Inventor software
- Guide Design Engineers in the department, and sign off engineering drawings as checked work.
The Ideal Candidate
- Engineering HNC or HND.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to design generators and create customer drawings and drawings for manufacture in AutoCAD
- Ability to design in 3D in Inventor
- Ability to use Sovelia desirable
- Designing of conduit and cable tray systems
- Designing of industrial equipment
- To have an extensive knowledge of the design of 2-pole generators and auxiliary equipment desirable
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes of DAX 2-pole generators and auxiliary equipment desirable
- Design experience with 2-pole generators desirable but not essential
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.