Senior Commercial Engineer
The Commercial Engineer will be responsible for managing BRUSH Switchgear -Service projects and commercial aspects that that the projects involve. You will play an integral part within the department providing support to tendering, order processing and all aspects of contract management to final sign off of the contract.
- Support the Service Sales team with preparation of detailed cost estimates and specifications.
- Customer liaison/relationship management.
- Take responsibility for the customer and project for the life of the contract.
- Liaise with other departments (Engineering, Purchasing, Production, Quality, Accounts, Site Services etc) to ensure the contract is executed in line with contractual commitments.
- Liaise with Customer regarding progress, inspection, delivery, documentation (Test, Quality & commercial), etc
- To liaise and work closely with the customer and be the focal point of all project activities.
- To define the commercial procedures and be responsible for all aspects of contract management.
- To advise on contract compliance and commercial matters.
The Ideal Candidate
- A good level of education with 5 GCSE passes (level A-C)
- An Electrical background with ONC/HNC/BTEC qualifications (preferred)
- Candidates with relevant commercial experience and/or HSSL product knowledge considered.
- Previous experience of Contract management
- Experience of managing a small team
- The role requires self-motivated individuals who possess and can display a confident, mature, responsible and flexible approach towards delivering and improving work objectives.
- Good communication skills (written & oral).
- Strong leader with good mentoring skills
- A sound working knowledge and understanding of MV switchgear is desirable although
- appropriate training will be provided for the successful applicant as and when required.
- The position is based at our offices in Blackwood however travel on company business may be necessary.
About the Company
BRUSH Switchgear already serve thousands of customers around the world, offering both AC and DC solutions not only to electrical distribution utilities but also to individual public and private sector end user organisations operating in a variety of settings.
Using our skills and experience to produce solutions which have put us at the forefront of switchgear system design. Our magnetic actuator and electromagnetic spring innovations are widely acclaimed developments which still provide the company with a leading edge in circuit breaker technology.
Our products are independently recognised by the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Queens Awards Committee and can be found operating in installations across the world in some of the most arduous environments.
Here at BRUSH Switchgear we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Overtime (for certain roles)
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)