Brush Americas is a unit of Brush Group, a large worldwide group with a footprint reaching from Pittsburgh, U.S to Melbourne, Australia. Brush Group has grown for over 130 years to be recognized as the largest independent manufacturer of electrical equipment including 2 and 4-pole Turbogenerators, Power Management Systems, Transformers, BRUSH Switchgear and Harrington Diesel Generators. We have a variety of clients across all sectors including oil and gas, power management and marine sectors, providing innovative and complex solutions to our demanding customer base.
Summary: Review of customer Request for Quotes and/or Request For Proposal, machine and process specifications, previous test and inspection reports, and other exhibits that may be required as part of the development of costs, scope, and schedules, in order to produce proposals, bids, quotations, or other documents describing company products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops proposals in response to a requested scope of work from a customer or Regional Sales Manager.
- Develops cost estimates from technical specifications for parts, equipment and services, including tests, inspections, and repairs for rotors, stators, and exciters.
- Research Part needs for specific Parts request or as needed where it pertains to a service or repair.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment, and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy of service or repair proposal.
- Evaluates all resources required to perform the specified tasks to perform a service or repair; offers alternative solutions, when necessary.
- Reviews customer purchase orders to ensure uniformity with the quotation.
- Shows cooperation and integration with the following internal resources: Sales, Field Service, Engineering, Customer Service, and Accounting.
- Works closely with the Regional Sales Managers to create a proposal that meets the needs of the customer.
- May be required to work extended hours in order to meet customer demands.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
Must meet one of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in quoting or proposal writing.
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technologies and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in quoting or proposal writing.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the balance of the Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Word and Outlook
- A history or understanding of Microsoft CRM or similar system is a plus.
The Ideal Candidate
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Brush Americas reserves the right, upon a conditional offer of employment, to require the applicant to submit to and receive a negative result for drug and/or alcohol testing. In addition, employees are subject to both annual and random drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment.
It is our commitment at Brush Americas to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH US we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive benefits package which includes 401K and a tuition reimbursement plan
- Overtime for qualifying positions
- Shift differentials for qualifying positions
- Per diem when applicable
- Car allowance for qualifying positions
- On-the-job training for certain shop positions
Applicants must have or be eligible to obtain proper documentation to work in the US.
Brush Americas requires employees to submit to and receive a negative result for drug and/or alcohol testing in order to be eligible to work in the US. In addition, employees are subject to both annual and random drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment.
It is our commitment at Brush to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.