Production / Manufacturing Engineer
To provide engineering support on new and existing Transformer products and to act as interface between engineering and operations. Strengthen the links between operational activities and other departments, including Engineering, Project Management, Procurement, Test Department and Maintenance.
- Create, maintain, and update product literature incl. SOPs, O&M Manuals, Design Records.
- Monitor and review engineering changes and their implementation.
- Create new and review existing working practices to support the site CI initiatives.
- Assist with manufacturing, product, and quality investigations.
- Assist with continuous improvement implementation within manufacturing and product design.
- Assist with New Product Introduction (NPI) and the supporting activities between Product Design and Production.
- Support the implementation of RoadMap projects.
- Drive and deliver RoadMap projects.
- Assist with the implementation of Site Quality Management Systems
- Effective implementation of approved projects, to include successful commissioning, qualification and handover.
- Formal reporting of approved projects progress/issues against plans and risks to Senior Manufacturing & Support teams.
- Undertake technical evaluation of change requests.
- Undertaking any necessary trials and generation of information to support any change applications.
- Provide first line of contact to purchasing, production & QA in the event of component or assembly queries on existing products and new products.
- To support and drive the combined Engineering Change and Development Review Process.
- Provision of technical support in the selection of new & existing suppliers of raw materials and components.
- Supports with the introduction of new products into the Loughborough facility.
- Ensure that output targets are agreed with the team in line with agreed schedules and that these targets are met or plans to recover are proposed and agreed with relevant staff in a timely manner.
- Undertake on-going review of operations to ensure compliance, 5S principles, continuous improvement activities, and update of SOP documentation.
The Ideal Candidate
- Recognised Apprenticeship would be an advantage
- HNC/HND in an engineering related discipline or appropriate industry experience
- Qualified to a degree level in an engineering discipline
- Proven knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools, DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve & Control) principles and applications
- Good IT skills for use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with positive attitude to meet deadlines and work schedules
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to collaborate and agree outcomes
- Proficient in the use of and MRP / ERP system
- A good understanding of fundamental Mechanical and Electrical principles
- Ability to use Solidworks and/or 3D CAD systems for interrogation and modification of existing designs and new design work
- Good knowledge of Power Transformers from 33-132KV
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA – design and process)
- An understanding of the basic functional and testing requirements of Transformer standards.
- Have an excellent understanding of lean manufacturing and six sigma techniques and demonstrate the ability to develop skills within a team.
- Experience in problem solving with a methodical approach and an eye for detail
- Experience of Transformer design and/or utilisation
- Previous CAD drawing experience would be of advantage
- Have experience in managing change and improvement processes
- Experience in leading technical investigations and writing technical reports
- Experience in project management and project leadership, well developed planning skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in managing and co-ordinating skilled specialist consultants
About the Company
BRUSH Transformers provide agile and adaptive engineering solutions and products, including consultancy services, design, and project management as well as award-winning product technology, to a wide range of projects.
A chosen partner for national and regional power generation and distribution network operators, through innovation and a commitment to delivering solutions that address grid-resilience and drive system change, we support the global drive to net-zero, helping create a future-proof Infrastructure.