Mechanical Field Service Engineer
We are currently seeking Mechanical Field Service Engineers to join our service department at BRUSH. This role will involve extensive overseas and offshore working, in addition to attending sites in the UK often for protracted periods.
These positions can be based in any of the following locations in Europe including, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
The successful candidate will carry out servicing, installation, alignment, cleaning, repair, and modification of large high voltage electric generators.
- Carry out generator maintenance and servicing in line with OEM process and procedures.
- Carry installation and alignment checks, and adjustments of rotating equipment and complex shaft systems using mechanical, optical, and laser-based systems.
- Strip down and rebuild large generators and related equipment; fault find and rectify as necessary and overhaul and clean.
- Interpret specifications and technical requirements; prepare method statements and prepare detailed and concise reports for submission to customers.
- Attend technical meetings on site and at customers’ premises.
- Undergo training, if necessary, to ensure that assistance to winding specialists
- Carry out an on-site risk assessment on every assignment and record details there of on the special form provided.
- Carry out other reasonable duties as directed from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must be fluent in spoken and written English. You will also be degree or degree equivalent qualified in Mechanical Engineering. To succeed in this role, you will have experience of working with large high voltage rotating electrical machines. You must also be able to undertake extensive overseas and offshore working, in addition to attending sites in the UK often for protracted periods. Please note it is a compulsory requirement to undergo offshore survival training to work on offshore projects.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities