We are currently seeking a Materials Expeditor to join our Transformer business in Loughborough.
To expedite delivery of transformer materials and assist with material control department duties and tasks.
- Ensure materials are effectively planned into the business in accordance with the master schedule requirements.
- Liaison with external suppliers to progress delivery dates whilst promoting good working relationships to ensure:
- Suppliers are driven to achieve delivery dates.
- Early notification of potential issues that may arise.
- Contingency plans are agreed and put in place if required.
- Recovery programmes are completed in detail following analysis of issues.
- Visits to suppliers are structured, with objectives for resolution of any issues evident.
- Drive for improvements in delivery dates within the supply chain.
- Ensure cross functional communications with Material Control, Aftermarket and other operational functions for status updates and feedback to be provided to stakeholders.
- Escalation of all issues that will cause an impact to Production and Aftermarket schedules.
- Attending scheduled review meetings in order to manage schedule changes.
- Co-ordinate the supply of parts delivery for Aftermarket, including the maintenance and development of relevant information systems for continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all visual management boards are maintained, with relevant information concerning key performance indicators.
- Monitor materials and inventory levels for the site and third party logistics suppliers.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in a similar industry in an expediter capacity.
- Experience of the Procurement and supply chain process for a multi value stream manufacturer is desirable.
- Knowledge of Supplier Relationship Management.
- IT/Computer literacy – good knowledge and technical skills in Microsoft applications including excel, word, outlook, project, PowerPoint
- Familiar with the concept of an ERP system, and able to interrogate and data input.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities