Manufacturing Support Technician
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Support Technician to work within the Manufacturing and Product Support Department at Brush Switchgear based in Blackwood, South Wales. The successful candidate will provide support in the compilation and maintenance of product literature and supports the MAPS team with manufacturing and product issues.
- Create, maintain, and update product literature incl. SOPs, O&M Manuals, Installation Manuals and Design Records.
- Monitor and review engineering changes and their implementation.
- Create new and review existing working practices to support the site CI initiatives.
- Assist with manufacturing, product, and quality investigations.
- Assist with continuous improvement implementation within manufacturing and product design.
- Assist with New Product Introduction (NPI) and the supporting activities between Product Design and Production.
- Support the implementation of RoadMap projects and paperless working methods.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have a recognised apprenticeship and the ability to demonstrate strong project management skills. You will also have experience of CAD drawing, proficient use of and MRP/ERP system and switchgear design and/or utilisation. All qualified applicants must have the desire for improving knowledge of and developing the manufacturing processes within the company.
To succeed you must be competent, organised, disciplined and capable of working in a manufacturing/engineering environment and have good understanding of fundamental Mechanical and Electrical principles. You will also have a successful track record of good IT skills for use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities