Are you a driven and committed Manufacturing Manager who is looking for the next step in your career? Are you keen to work for a long standing and reputable manufacturing business with a well-established workforce?
We are looking to hire an experienced Manufacturing Manager. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you would be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Managing the performance of the Manufacturing processes via a team of Manufacturing Supervisors, regarding Quality, Cost and Delivery, taking full responsibility for achieving key performance indicators.
- Managing all aspects of H&S, encouraging Hazard Identification, managing the development of Risk Assessments and ensuring SOPs reflect best practise with respect to HS&E
- Effectively managing critical resources i.e. labour efficiency & utilisation, overtime, machine performance etc. to achieve optimum output.
- Assist in the preparation of the departmental Budget, with regards to controllable costs, headcount, overtime etc.
- Analyse production performance developing plans to address variance or under achievement
- Responsible for the training and development of all team members through the effective management of PDR process, including both Manufacturing Supervisors and teams
- Proposing and agreeing with Supervisors clear, meaningful targets to meet Manufacturing and Departmental KPIs
- Liaising and cooperating with other departments, managers as necessary in order to achieve company objectives.
- Actively encouraging Supervisors to take a proactive approach to continuous improvement through participation in and the leading of improvement teams
- Leading and motivating others by recognising good performance, encouraging involvement and participation of employees.
- Developing a ‘vision’ for department in line with global Manufacturing Vision and work proactively to achieve this goal.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Sound knowledge of LEAN manufacturing techniques
- Ability to fully understand production data, analyse trends and take appropriate corrective action
- Able to set direction and communicate clear departmental/section objectives to the team
- Ability to manage and motivate team members effectively – excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions where necessary taking into consideration all relevant and available information
- Excellent planning & organisational skills, able to plan, complete tasks on time and to the required standard
- Task orientated individual, a completer finisher
- Flexible and adaptable, with a positive attitude to change and improvement
- Understands the overall direction of the business and can appreciate the relevance and impact of departmental performance
- Must have the ability to remain calm and objective when working under pressure
About the Company
BRUSH Switchgear already serve thousands of customers around the world, offering both AC and DC solutions not only to electrical distribution utilities but also to individual public and private sector end user organisations operating in a variety of settings.
Using our skills and experience to produce solutions which have put us at the forefront of switchgear system design. Our magnetic actuator and electromagnetic spring innovations are widely acclaimed developments which still provide the company with a leading edge in circuit breaker technology.
Our products are independently recognised by the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Queens Awards Committee and can be found operating in installations across the world in some of the most arduous environments.
Here at BRUSH Switchgear we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Overtime (for certain roles)
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)