We are currently seeking a Logistics Manager to work within the Logistics department at BRUSH Transformers based in Loughborough. The successful candidate will manage the shipping of associated BRUSH materials, arrange and clear imports for all BRUSH products, and effectively manage the shipping activities of as required to their global destinations.
- Liaise with internal departments and external transport providers to organise the shipping of equipment as required.
- Provides specialized expertise for Trade Compliance export and import activities, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of all applicable export/import regulations, providing updates to management regarding current and pending compliance regulation initiatives and legislation that may affect company business, ensuring various reports with government agencies are kept up to date as required by regulations.
- Responsible for issuing shipping documentation in accordance with internal and external requirements.
- As necessary obtain specific legalised Export forms from the Chamber of Commerce.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure chargeable items are invoiced in a timely manner.
- Provide transport quotes to Tendering.
- Provide advice and guidance with regards to shipping matters, trade compliance and all relevant regulations as necessary.
- Responsible for processing all documentation with regards to Shipping.
- As necessary organise the import of goods from outside the U.K. for BRUSH products.
- Issue customs clearance instructions for imports and exports arriving/leaving the U.K. for BRUSH products to ensure they are entered under the correct procedure. Maintain a record of these instructions and supporting paperwork.
- Ensure that items brought into the U.K. as temporary imports are correctly exported.
- Support the shipping requirements of other departments and the wider shipping team, supervise activities of others as required.
- Team and individual management of staff in accordance with BRUSH policy and procedure.
- Ensure all data protection activities of personal and special category data; pertaining to current employees, customers, and all other external stakeholders, are done so in line with the company’s Data Protection Policy.
- Accountable for the adequate data protection activities and awareness levels within their area responsibility, in line with the Data Protection Policy.
- Keep up to date with current UK Regulatory changes to ensure BRUSH adheres to these regulations.
- Check Customs MSS Reports and cross match with despatches to verify correct.
- Monitor WTO for changes in Global Trade.
- Monitor changes in FTA’s to ensure we meet the requirements when Importing/Exporting.
- Negotiate with Freight Forwarder for best rates.
- Lead any Regulatory Audits.
- Keep updated records and LTA’s for Supplied Parts.
The Ideal Candidate
- IOSCM Level 5 qualified (or similar) or working towards.
- Full Driving License required.
- IT/Computer literacy – advanced level in Microsoft i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Contract management and supplier management experience.
- General IT Literacy
- Familiar with Microsoft Office in particular Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Familiarity with ERP system operation.
- Able to use Internet based shipping systems (e.g., DHL courier software).
- Strong leadership skills.
- “Hand on” approach to all tasks.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
- Versatile, tenacious and people orientated.
- Result orientated and confident.
- Proven appreciation of customer service expectations and cost demands of business.
- Commercially and financially driven.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of procedures and documentation required to Export goods by Land, Sea and Air.
- Understanding of Incoterms.
- Familiarity with Customs Export and Import Procedures.
- Familiarity with domestic transport up to and including abnormal haulage preferable.
- Knowledge of the requirements of a Letter of Credit.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a shipping role.
- 3 years supervisory experience.
- Proven track record of managing and controlling spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities