Lead Test Engineer
BRUSH are recognised as a leading independent transformer solutions provider, offering bespoke design liquid filled transformers (6.25kV-145kV) as a turnkey offering. Continuing design innovation combined with over 125 years of consultative transformer expertise ensures the most technically demanding projects are supported by a comprehensive product range.
We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Test Engineer to carry out routine, type and special tests on BRUSH Power Transformers.
- Responsible for carrying out all the routine tests, Type tests and special tests on the Power Transformer as per the International and National Standards.
- Perform in process testing at various stages of manufacturing
- Complete and maintain Test Record sheets.
- Ensuring and maintaining calibration of all the test equipments.
- Knowledge of Partial discharge testing on transformers.
- Analysing and fault finding for Partial Discharge test failures
- Fault finding/investigations as required by design or production.
- Knowledge of heat run test results calculation.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the test equipments and various high voltage test gears like generators, transformers, switchgears used for carrying out the tests on the transformers.
- Assist the test manager in planning of the daily and weekly testing activity.
- Responsible for carrying out customer witness testing.
- Raise non-conformance records for all non-compliant components including sign off where required.
- Responsible for training and support for Apprentices, Test Engineers and other members of the team.
- Support in the creation of risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Support with regards to purchase of new or replacement equipment using areas of expertise.
- The Senior Test Engineer should be fully competent with all aspects of their job description & be able to demonstrate a high degree of competence in all areas of Test activities.
The Ideal Candidate
Experience of leading a small test team, as well as the ability to mentor
Minimum qualifications Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
A proven background in Distribution/Power Transformer Testing
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities