The Indirect buyer has responsibility for a portfolio of procurement activity across a variety of indirect commodities and services to enable Brush Switchgear to meet its manufacturing, after sales and customer commitments.
The Indirect buyer is a key business contributor with daily activity underpinning the overall business objectives, adding value, reducing total cost of ownership and delivering exceptional operational and customer service.
Against the backdrop of a mixed commercial environment this role requires a proactive and logical mode of engagement to ensure the maximum yield from a complex supply chain.
Integrated within a team of specialists who manage several supply segments, you will be responsible for ensuring your portfolio delivers on-time, to the specified quality/scope, with zero scope creep, at the lowest cost, contract compliant.
With Value add featuring in all we do, the indirect buyer will balance business as usual and strategic projects daily, often championing or leading a particular project via a lean/continuous improvement mind-set.
You will be adept at identifying supply solutions, cost reductions and operational service opportunities, negotiating industry leading terms of business for sustainable outcomes.
- Commodities, commodity groups, business areas and/or suppliers assigned to the Indirect buyer by the senior buyer or Procurement Manager.
- Vendor benchmarking.
- Vendor change.
- New product /service introduction.
- Lead Price negotiation across your portfolio.
- Maintenance of standard price lists /schedules.
- Reporting of variance to standard price lists / schedules.
- Placing orders in accordance with business stream outputs, including MRP.
- Validating MRP output and managing demand patterns into the business.
- Adjusting order coverage to suit the ever-changing demands.
- Monitoring and reporting of vendor performance (both within HSS and to supplier.)
- Progressing and expediting deliveries from vendors.
- Setting up and managing an array of procurement modes.
- Setting up, monitoring and managing an array of replenishment modes.
- Deputizing and covering work streams for colleagues during their periods of absence.
- Introduce/develop KPI’s.
- Contribute to the procurement strategy.
- Actively analyze suppliers and the supply base.
- Create and maintain key business parameters within MRP or where that does not apply, establish contractual SLA’s.
- Detail planning and coordination across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Build relationships with suppliers and key stakeholders.
- Identification of contract and vendor consolidation opportunities.
- Deliver an exceptional level of customer experience to all touch points.
- Create, develop and maintain purchasing plans, segmentation matrices, cost reduction plans etc.
- Develops and maintains the approved supplier list.
- Create scope of work schedules where there are no business process owners and no defined operational parameters.
- Lead the scope of work de-risking with key stakeholders.
- Create and deploy RFx models and tenders where applicable.
- Coordinates internally on vendor master maintenance and data input.
- Deliver cost savings through negotiation, supplier change or other strategies/tactics.
- Contribute and populate data within SPM and SRM scorecards.
- Attend/Lead SPM SRM meetings.
- Participate in progress / status review meetings.
- Participate in vendor audits.
- Participate in training as may be required for enablement, skill improvement, or because of the introduction of new systems, equipment, policies or other as determined by the senior buyer or the purchasing manager and aligned with the employees' assessment goals or business change.
- Handles information of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Accountable and Responsible for all line side production consignment stock suppliers; Contractually agreeing and arranging all quantities, stocking policies and replenishment modes.
- Agree, maintain and manage all non-production requirements through contract management and/or SLA’s.
- The job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be required of you by the Company.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications or Functional Experience
System or Knowledge
Health and Safety
About the Company
BRUSH Switchgear already serve thousands of customers around the world, offering both AC and DC solutions not only to electrical distribution utilities but also to individual public and private sector end user organisations operating in a variety of settings.
Using our skills and experience to produce solutions which have put us at the forefront of switchgear system design. Our magnetic actuator and electromagnetic spring innovations are widely acclaimed developments which still provide the company with a leading edge in circuit breaker technology.
Our products are independently recognised by the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Queens Awards Committee and can be found operating in installations across the world in some of the most arduous environments.
Here at BRUSH Switchgear we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Overtime (for certain roles)
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)