In-House Legal Counsel
A great opportunity has arisen for a In-House Legal Counsel within the Group Legal and Compliance team to support our Power Distribution business within the UK. This is a newly created position and will be based at our Brush Switchgear headquarters based in Blackwood, South Wales. We are seeking a knowledgeable contracts specialist who has ideally had experience within a manufacturing environment. Our customers and suppliers are part of the energy and construction industries and we supply both power products and undertake maintenance services into these industries.
The successful candidate will lead on all local contract reviews and support our Power Distribution business with other legal and compliance activities as well as supporting the MD of Power Distribution with corporate business issues. You will also be responsible for providing general and project support to the Group General Counsel who is based in the UK, as well assisting our Group Compliance Manager with embedding compliance initiatives within the business.
- Reviewing, analysing, and negotiating business contracts with customers, suppliers and other third parties.
- Supporting the Group Procurement Manager with legal issues and being the Group’s ‘Procurement Champion’ for legal issues.
- Supporting the Power Distribution Services Manager with the review and negotiation of services contracts which is a developing part of the Power Distribution business.
- Collaborating with the Group Compliance Manager and being accountable for the continued integration of Group compliance policies within the Power Distribution business.
- The role extends to supporting the balance of the Power Distribution business with generic legal issues from disputes and litigation through to property, intellectual property, and insurance matters.
- Working in collaboration across the Power Distribution business, with key stakeholders such as Finance, Sales, Tendering and Project Management.
- Completing department projects and being involved in discussions on Legal and Compliance.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be a UK qualified solicitor with at least 2-4 years post-qualified experience. You will also have experience of working in a private practice within a corporate or commercial department as well as experience within an in-house role in the manufacturing, energy, or the construction industry.
To succeed in this role, you will have strong technical knowledge of contract law as well as being commercially aware. You will also be a proactive individual with a ‘can do’ attitude who is resilient with strong relationship building skills.
About the Company
he BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities