Group Trade Compliance Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Global Trade Compliance Manager to join BRUSH Group based our in Ashby de la Zouch or our Loughborough office. The successful candidate will be responsible for export control, customs compliance and trade security. This is a strategic role which will involve designing, implementing and leading the groupwide compliance process.
The position will involve travelling to our offices in South Wales, Czech Republic, Netherlands and the US to effectively translate objectives in coordination with business stakeholders. (Subject to government guidance).
- Develop and support the strategy for import and export control with emphasis on company-wide compliance to U.S. and non-US Customs Regulations.
- Ensure BRUSH’s Products and Services transactions are compliant with US and non-US trade regulations.
- Actively collaborate with Commercial and Procurement teams to ensure more complex or high-risk transactions are correctly assessed and dealt with.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the company’s procedures relating to import and export control
- Assist in establishing consistent standards for ensuring the proper tariff and export control.
- Align business resources and functional team members to implement business-level controls, coordinate training needs classification and valuation methodologies for company import and export transactions.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to policies, procedures and desk-level instructions relating to compliant import transactions.
- Maintain regular communication with all business stakeholders to ensure trade compliance requirements are understood and embedded in transactional routines.
- Validate the correct understanding and application of the Group’s trade compliance policies through spot audits.
- Ensure various sites’ IT systems are compliant to regulatory requirements and company procedures with regards to trade compliance.
- Support the Business Processes team in deploying new trade compliance systems and/or ERPs.
- Manage relationships with company designated freight forwarders and customs brokers, working closely with the Procurement team.
- Lead company-wide initiatives as required, acting as subject matter expert for all trade compliance questions, and assisting in compliance and trade security-related assessments and reviews.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree within an applicable discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to manage by influence resources spread over multiple locations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under time/workload pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable trade regulations (US, UK, EU).
- 7+ years’ experience in the operation of import and export compliance processes.
- Familiarity with UK, CZ and US requirements and customs systems for import and export compliance and procedures.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.