Graduate Electronics Design Engineer
We have a great opportunity for the role of Graduate Electronics Design Engineer to work within the Electronics Section of the Technical Department at Brush Switchgear based in Blackwood, South Wales.
The successful candidate will provide support for production and manufacturing issues, relating to any current electronic designs. You will be the primary interface between the Electronics Team and Production whilst leading the management of the ECN process relating to electronic designs.
- Implement Electronic Engineering projects with guidance from the Snr Electronics Designer.
- Support testing for new developments, to produce test jigs.
- Provide engineering support and assistance to internal departments
- Support existing working practices as defined by, the site CI initiatives
- Assist in investigation of Electronic Design issues and the generation of subsequent reports.
- Provide first line of contact to purchasing, production & QA in the event of component or assembly queries on existing and new products to include component obsolescence.
- Manage the ECN Process with respect to any issues with Electronic Designs
- Attend inter-departmental ECN review meetings
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified to a degree level in an Electrical/Electronic discipline, preferably first degree or possessing appropriate industry experience.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of design practices and theories.
- Understanding of electrical health and safety regulations.
- Good understanding of a wide range of electrical and electronic components.
- Experience in Soldering, i.e. construction of PCB assemblies. (SMT & PIH) would be required.
- Experience with Schematic Capture and PCB Layout CAD Software, specifically Mentor Graphics PADS suite would be an advantage.
- Basic Programming Skills, C, C#, Assembler, Embedded and/or PC Target environments.
- An understanding of FPGA Technology and associated programming languages (HDL) would be an advantage.
- Experience in mechanical project assembly would be an advantage.
- A good understanding of fundamental Mechanical and Electrical principles.
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA – design and process).
- An understanding of both microprocessor and High Current Control system design would be an advantage.
- An understanding of EMC, EMC Standards and testing requirements would be an advantage.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.