A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join BRUSH Americas management team. The successful candidate will work very closely with the Americas MD and providing meaningful information to drive business profitability and key finance and business decisions. The successful candidate will also manage 1 direct resource and work very closely and support the local Controllership team of 4. The role will also require heavy interaction with the rest of the BRUSH Power Generation Services across the globe, as well as the BRUSH Group CFO and Group Finance team.
Finance Business Partner to Americas MD:
- Support execution of business strategy; identify and raise all critical issues timely.
- Actively review and drive profitability of both shop repair and services projects from start to end, identifying key cost drivers and offering cost reduction opportunities and solutions.
- Reporting and analysing the business’ financial performance.
- Provide and present key metrics and relevant information to the business management team as well as the Group management team.
- Identify and implement best practices and efficiencies to improve the organization’s financial operations.
- Prepare and deliver the region’s budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Regular reviews of the sales pipeline and the S&OP for the business.
- Establishment and ownership of Americas cost standards, and TAF reviews.
- Implement and improve project performance reviews, providing visibility on “as bid” vs “as sold” margins.
- Ad-hoc request for global sales data (e.g. Distributors & Agents, profitability analysis by segment).
- Liaise, build relationships with and support Heads of Operations Departments, and coach peers across Americas management team.
- Manage and develop the direct report.
- Work closely with Group Financial Controller to ensure development of and support to the local Controllership team.
Cash and Cost Management:
- Drive strong cost awareness in the business, ensuring delivery of both accurate product costing and minimal SG&A costs.
- Build and implement robust cash management process, including reliable Revenue, GM, PBIT and Cash forecasting models.
- Drive operational focus to ensure timely debtor collections, appropriate inventory levels and improved vendor payment terms (in conjunction with Group Procurement team).
- Ad-hoc projects, supporting the wider BRUSH Group.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have 10-15 years’ experience at a Senior Finance level along with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification. To succeed in this role, you will have experience within a manufacturing environment, high level of commercial awareness, and strong analytical skills.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Brush Americas reserves the right, upon a conditional offer of employment, to require the applicant to submit to and receive a negative result for drug and/or alcohol testing. In addition, employees are subject to both annual and random drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment.
It is our commitment at Brush Americas to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest caliber equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH US we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive benefits package which includes 401K and a tuition reimbursement plan
- Overtime for qualifying positions
- Shift differentials for qualifying positions
- Per diem when applicable
- Car allowance for qualifying positions
- On-the-job training for certain shop positions