Field Service Project Manager
Brush Americas is a unit of Brush Group, a large worldwide group with a footprint reaching from Pittsburgh, U.S to Melbourne, Australia. Brush Group has grown for over 130 years to be recognized as the largest independent manufacturer of electrical equipment including 2 and 4-pole Turbogenerators, Power Management Systems, Transformers, BRUSH Switchgear and Harrington Diesel Generators. We have a variety of clients across all sectors including oil and gas, power management and marine sectors, providing innovative and complex solutions to our demanding customer base.
This position is responsible for the planning, direction, and coordination of activities of designated field service projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Desired familiarity with managing remote/virtual service projects. Experience in the power industry a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Manage allocated customer key accounts and/or other allocated projects ensuring they are completed within scope, on schedule and within cost.
- Manage multiple concurrent remote/virtual projects of varying sizes and complexity.
- Responsible for designated accounts from project planning stage until the completion of all contractual delivery obligations, including project close-out review.
- Comply with OSHA, BRUSH, site specific, and other industry standard health and safety practices having jurisdiction to protect both life and property. Maintain, accomplish, and/or attend QEHS training as required.
- Manage customer relationships ensuring a good interface with BRUSH and client interests.
- Coordinate all communications between the customer and the Company in a timely manner, from receipt of order through to the end of the contract or warranty period if applicable.
- Facilitate effective project meetings and ensure meeting minutes, action items and decisions are documented.
- Coordinate activity within internal departments for recruitment of project personnel and tooling.
- Coordinate tasks among various members of the project, client team and Field Service Teams.
- Maintain the control of the issue and amendments of the Project Inspection & Test Plan following handover of the project.
- Continual monitoring and issuing of all contractual documentation to the customer including the processing and management of change orders.
- Continual monitoring of both actual and estimated project expenditures and where variances exist, ensuring investigation and identification of remedial measures where necessary.
- Regularly review project performance and report any significant issues of concern to manager when the situation warrants.
- Coordinate immigrations and site-specific training for project personnel.
- Report completion of project milestones to ensure on-time invoicing.
- Effectively negotiate and record customer project variations ensuring relevant internal departments are notified in a timely manner.
- Preparation of project reports for management, client or others.
- Ensure final project reports and workbooks are completed on time and in-full.
- Minimize the Company’s exposure to liabilities and maximize any opportunity to improve project margins.
- Support proposal stage of projects by preparing Gantt charts and estimations for the Tendering group.
- When customer needs require, be available to support customers and internal stakeholders outside the expectations for the regular position workload, including evenings and weekends.
- Provide status reports and KPIs to leadership.
- Identify opportunities to enhance and improve department processes.
- Adherence to Company Procedures, Performance Standards, Safety Standards, Standing Instructions and the Employee Handbook
- This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be required of you by the Company.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science Degree or equivalent and five to seven years related experience and/or training in project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the power industry a plus. Desired familiarity with managing remote/virtual service projects
The Ideal Candidate
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Brush Americas reserves the right, upon a conditional offer of employment, to require the applicant to submit to and receive a negative result for drug and/or alcohol testing. In addition, employees are subject to both annual and random drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment.
It is our commitment at Brush Americas to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH US we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive benefits package which includes 401K and a tuition reimbursement plan
- Overtime for qualifying positions
- Shift differentials for qualifying positions
- Per diem when applicable
- Car allowance for qualifying positions
- On-the-job training for certain shop positions
Applicants must have or be eligible to obtain proper documentation to work in the US.
Brush Americas requires employees to submit to and receive a negative result for drug and/or alcohol testing in order to be eligible to work in the US. In addition, employees are subject to both annual and random drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment.
It is our commitment at Brush to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.