Field Service Manager
We are currently seeking a Field Service Manager to join our Service department at BRUSH based in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire. The successful candidate will be responsible the management of in-house and external Service Engineer operations. You will also be responsible for leading a group of engineers operating on a worldwide basis focusing on utilisation and supporting the Group Field Service team.
- Support the Operations Director for Group Filed Service in the management of Field Service Operations from the UK.
- Support sales and service activities on site, as and when required.
- Assist Tendering Engineers as and when required to compile quotes in a timely manner.
- Liaise with project management groups once projects have been handed over.
- Ensure the correct technical data is forwarded to the Service Engineers in a timely manner and site activities are managed.
- Producing a professional on time delivery and execution of the contract.
- Assist in the production of method statements and risk assessments regarding on site working.
- Identify tooling required for onsite activities.
- Identify training needs for Service Engineers and work in tandem with the Training Manager to ensure these requirements are met.
- Mentor Service Engineers and offer support and guidance.
- Complete administration as and when required in order to co-ordinate and allow Engineer movements.
- Support Service Engineers (when at site in the resolution of technical issues arising at site) in a timely manner in order that jobs may progress in a professional manner.
- Attend meetings both in-house and at site with the client as and when required.
- Maintain and update the Service Engineers movements schedule.
- Responsible for quality systems and updating of quality records as required.
- Responsible for budget requirements as well as time and attendance records.
- Team and individual management of staff in accordance with BRUSH policy and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally degree HNC/HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Skills & Experience:
- Must be fully conversant with onsite systems of work preferably with personal site experience.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings relevant to given assignments.
- Computer literate with the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work with IT systems.
- Should possess a comprehensive knowledge of BRUSH products.
- Relevant experience in a similar industrial environment role.
- Adaptable and an effective manager.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationship at all levels.
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Problem solver with a methodical approach and an eye for detail.
- Have a flexible approach.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.