This role will be responsible for supporting the senior estimator in managing the preparation and submission of high-quality tenders and proposals.
This role requires an understanding of the energy sector and the tendering process, as well as good communication, negotiation, and project management skills.
This role should be able to communicate effectively with different levels of an organization and with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Support the negotiation of contracts at tender stage and manage customer expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Build and maintain a customer database with relevant contact details.
- Provide regular tendering reports, track & highlight progress, and issues against targets and KPIs.
- Support the tender process by preparing and submitting high-quality tenders and proposals, working across all relevant stakeholders, ensuring they are in line with company standards and meet customer requirements/deadlines.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather all relevant information and data needed to prepare accurate and competitive tenders to ensure successful delivery of tenders & proposals.
- Prepare and present proposals and presentations to prospective clients.
- Review tender documents and assess the risk associated with each opportunity.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and pricing strategies to ensure competitiveness in the bidding process.
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements and expectations.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of successful tenders to identify areas for improvement.
- Attend Pre-Tender site meetings.
- Develop detailed cost loaded, outage driven programmes
- Support technical responses to tender submissions and populate a technical response library to re-use across other projects
- Maintain an up-to-date cost library of plant and equipment.
- Present the tender at TAFF approval meetings.
- Formally manage the handover process between tendering and operations
- Participate in lessons learnt meetings following project completion.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Efficiency of the tendering process, including cost and time management.
- Accurate and timely completion of commercially viable tender bids
- Support the achievement of the IPM budget and business forecast
- Business revenue growth
- Market share increase
- Number of successful tender submissions
- Contract win rate
- Customer satisfaction with the tendering process
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, Engineering or a related field or relevant knowledge and experience in a similar role
- Experience of tendering management, with a proven track record of securing new business and achieving budget and forecast targets.
- Indirectly leading and influencing people/teams from other functions
- Working to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop and implement effective strategies
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills, with a focus on customer satisfaction and retention.
- Results driven.
- Knowledge of electricity network infrastructure and regulations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
About the Company
KUS Power Engineering, part of the BRUSH Group, is a design and build, high voltage, electrical contractor committed to outstanding customer service and the safe delivery of turnkey substation projects from 11kV to 275kV.
With a proven track record of quality outcomes, KUS Power Engineering deliver contracting services to some of the largest organisations in the industry, seamlessly managing the design and delivery of a package of works while ensuring their timely commercial closeout.