Electronics Design Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity for the role of Electronics Design Engineer to work within the Electronics Section of the Technical Department at Brush Switchgear based in Blackwood, South Wales. You will provide guidance on new and existing products working with Electrical Hardware, Firmware or Software as required, to act as interface between technical and operations and to strengthen the links between operational and design functions at Blackwood.
- Reports to the Senior Electronics Designer
- Develop and implement Electronic Engineering projects.
- Design test requirements for new developments, to include definition of the requirements for Supplier Test Procedures.
- Developing opportunities for updating new and existing products and control systems.
- Support New Product Introduction
- Create new and review existing working practices to support the site CI initiatives.
- Provide engineering support and assistance to customers and internal departments.
- Provide support in the production of departmental KPI’s.
- Provide first line of contact to purchasing, production & QA in the event of component or assembly queries on existing and new products.
- Provision of technical support in the selection of new & existing suppliers of raw materials and components.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must be qualified to a degree level in an Electrical/Electronic discipline, preferably first degree or possessing appropriate industry experience. Having a recognised Apprenticeship would be an advantage.
To succeed in this role, you will have a good understanding of fundamental Mechanical and Electrical principles as well as the application of lean Six sigma tools, DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve & Control) principles and applications. You will also have experience in extensive Electronic CAD drawing and switchgear design and/or utilisation and the ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of design practices and theories
All qualified applicants must have the willingness to want to make a difference and to support other team members and the ability to work under own initiative creating projects plans, milestones and deliver on time in full.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities