Brush Americas is a unit of Brush Group, a large worldwide group with a footprint reaching from Pittsburgh, U.S to Melbourne, Australia. Brush Group has grown for over 130 years to be recognized as the largest independent manufacturer of electrical equipment including 2 and 4-pole Turbogenerators, Power Management Systems, Transformers, BRUSH Switchgear and Harrington Diesel Generators. We have a variety of clients across all sectors including oil and gas, power management and marine sectors, providing innovative and complex solutions to our demanding customer base.
Summary: This position is responsible for supporting inspection, test, repair and upgrading of turbine and hydro generators at the Brush Americas facility and in the field. In this position the individual will use skills learned from formal training and on the job experience to support engineering and production activities in the capacity detailed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Specifying, executing and evaluating electrical test results.
- Recommend and oversee the implementation of maintenance activities, failure analysis of generator components using established RCA methodologies.
- Reverse engineering of existing components using various measuring methods to model the component in Solidworks.
- Support project management through creation of shop travelers and technical direction as needed.
- Creation of manufacturing drawings and specifications from verbal instructions, engineering sketches and best practices taking into consideration of man, method and machine to ensure part is optimized for manufacture.
- Interface with shop floor personnel to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with drawings and specifications.
- Lead shop repairs of generator rotors and exciters by developing quality assurance documentation, repair methodologies, providing input to costing and schedules and resolving technical issues.
- Travel approximately 10-25% of the year to support field repairs and trouble shooting of installed equipment.
- Create and perform work in accordance with engineering procedures.
- When customer needs require, the expectation is to extend their hours to complete specific customer work that involves hours outside the regular position workload.
- This position requires support in all aspects of the business including but not limited to procurement, sales support, field service support, tendering, etc.
- This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be required of you by the Company.
The Ideal Candidate
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors of Science – Electrical Engineer or a combination of education and at least 4 years of experience in the power generation field.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Brush Americas reserves the right, upon a conditional offer of employment, to require the applicant to submit to and receive a negative result for drug and/or alcohol testing. In addition, employees are subject to both annual and random drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment.
It is our commitment at Brush Americas to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH US we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive benefits package which includes 401K and a tuition reimbursement plan
- Overtime for qualifying positions
- Shift differentials for qualifying positions
- Per diem when applicable
- Car allowance for qualifying positions
- On-the-job training for certain shop positions
Applicants must have or be eligible to obtain proper documentation to work in the US.
Brush Americas requires employees to submit to and receive a negative result for drug and/or alcohol testing in order to be eligible to work in the US. In addition, employees are subject to both annual and random drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment.
It is our commitment at Brush to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.