Electrical Design Engineer
We are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer with proven experience of producing electrical designs of Power Transformers.
Joining our team of engineers you will deliver expert technical knowledge to the Brush Transformers Value Stream on electrical designs, ensuring that the capability and function of the transformer’s product exceeds customer requirements.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT CV SUBMISSIONS FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES FOR THIS ROLE.
- Responsible for producing Electrical designs of power Transformer and Reactor.
- Ability to perform both hand calculations and use design software to produce the necessary transformer design.
- Development/improvement of in-house computer design & Optimisation programs to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensure that all designs and applied technology are compliant with the relevant technical, safety and environmental standards, codes of practice etc.
- Analysis of test results and feedback into database for future use and reference.
- Working with the customer to achieve the required specifications
- The requirement to work cross functionally to develop best practice for Transformers designs
The Ideal Candidate
You will have proven design experience in a similar role with a Transformer OEM.
AutoCAD Electrical experience is essential and working knowledge of AutoCAD Invenor is highly desirable.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities