Electrical Contracts Designer
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Contracts Designer to join our Engineering section of the technical department at BRUSH Switchgear based in South Wales, Blackwood. The successful candidate will be responsible for the primary function of equipment design and production of bills of materials.
- Produce, design, and modify drawings.
- Create detailed schematic designs based on the customer requirements – designs to include CT/VT design, Electrical Interlocking Designs, Auto changeover Designs, control (Trip/Close) designs.
- Liaise directly with Manufacturing and Quality team members on issues relating to drawings and BOM’s.
- Assist in the production of contract job packs and other Manufacturing and Quality deliverables as required to meet on time delivery schedules.
- Assist engineers with initial design requirements and conceptualise plans and details to accurately convey fabrication requirements.
- Provide engineering support and assistance to customers and internal departments.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have experience of Switchgear design and CAD drawing or AutoCAD systems/AutoCAD Electrical. You will also have a HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering and must be able to work at a high degree of accuracy. knowledge of electrical protection systems and a thorough understanding of drafting and design practices and theories.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities