Drawing Office Team Lead
We are currently seeking a Drawing Office Team Leader to join our Controls department in our new offices in Ashby-de-la-Zouch. Working on power generation control system projects you will provide the line management and allocation of company Drawing Office resource facilities. You will provide CAD design services for the preparation of detailed designs in collaboration with appropriate design engineers and ensuring compliance with design standards.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT CV SUBMISSIONS FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES FOR THIS POSITION.
- Produce CAD drawings for Controls systems i.e. L&N cubicles, Panels, AVRs etc.
- Drive Drawing office process standardization to ensure early adoption, streamlining of processes and identification of gaps.
- Look for opportunities to reduce process lead time and create spare capacity to process new projects
- Monitor, control, and develop engineering release systems into Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Services
- Manage the workload of the team
- Develop the Drawing Office standards, ensuring high quality output across the team
- Ensure regulatory and statutory compliance on product design, relevant technical, safety and environmental standards, codes of practice etc
- Planning, prioritisation, and resultant resource allocation to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Management and resolution of all NCR’s within 24 hrs.
- Able to communicate technical information easily, to internal contacts and external customers
- Working to set targets, both in terms of efficiency and output and presenting this at the monthly management meetings.
- Team and individual management of staff in accordance with BRUSH policy and procedure
The Ideal Candidate
- HND/HNC in relevant engineering discipline
- CAD trained - AutoCAD Electrical and 3D inventor models are essential
- Technical self-sufficiency, with an understanding of other disciplines, and depth and range of management experience of projects and studies.
- Ability to demonstrate man-management
- Knowledge in the design, project engineering and consultancy in oil and gas pipelines and associated facilities
- Experience in production of engineering CAD designs
- Experience in the oil and gas or associated industries
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities