Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
Despite the current climate we are keen to speak to suitable candidates to join us as a Controls and Instrumentation Engineer.
This role will ultimately be based at our new offices in Ashby-de-la-Zouch once we move in the coming months.
The C&I Engineer will take responsibility for the design of Generator Control and Instrumentation systems including protection systems, Generator Excitation systems and Generator Terminal Cubicles from concept to delivery.
**PLEASE NOTE WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT CV SUBMISSIONS FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES FOR THIS POSITION.**
- Design of Generator Control and Instrumentation systems including protection systems, Generator Excitation systems and Generator Terminal Cubicles from concept to delivery.
- Responsible for electrical circuit design and configuring Generator Excitation and Protection Systems.
- Prepare and review technical specifications including review of customer specifications.
- Provision of technical support to Customers and to BRUSH Sales, Manufacturing, Testing, Commissioning functions.
- Communicates and works well with co-workers, customers and suppliers (both nationally and internationally).
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Technical abilities to extend beyond pure electrical design and to include mechanical.
- Work with Sales and Tendering to prepare and review tendering documentation and specifications.
- Participate in cross-functional activities such as customer meetings, quality improvements, product and project reviews.
- Play a cross functional role in discussing and agreeing corrective and preventative actions for QA issues.
- Support sales and Aftermarket personnel by occasionally working on sites in the UK, offshore and overseas when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering or relevant experience.
- Experience in control equipment’s design application such as automatic voltage regulators, load sharing equipment and protection relays.
- Experience in electrical power generation control system design, instrumentation & protection equipment including design of 15kV cubicles.
- Knowledge of electrical power generation & associated control’s equipment.
- Knowledge of software-based microsystems / control and communication systems including Modbus and Ethernet.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Great development opportunities