We have a fantastic opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join our Controls team based in Ashby. The successful candidate will work as part of an Engineering and Design office team ensuring that BRUSH delivers products which always exceed customers expectations for quality, features, and performance.
- Designing generator control and instrumentation systems including protection systems, synchronisation schemes, generator excitation systems and generator terminal cubicles from concept to delivery.
- Provision of technical support to customers and to BRUSH Sales, Manufacturing, Testing, Commissioning functions.
- Responsible for electrical circuit design and generator excitation, synchronising and protection systems.
- Prepare and review technical specifications including review of customer specifications.
- Work with the Sales and Tendering department to prepare and review tendering documentation and specifications.
- Participate in cross-functional activities such as customer meetings, quality improvements, product and project reviews.
- Support manufacturing technical quality assurance at sub supplier facilities.
- Play a cross functional role in discussing and agreeing corrective and preventative actions for QA issues.
- Support Sales and Services personnel by occasionally working on sites in the UK, offshore and overseas when required.
- Partake in the continuous improvement and development of BRUSH Controls products
- Support other controls team (including test, PMS, and development) as per workload demand and cross functional utilisation.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Controls/Electrical/Instrumentation discipline) or relevant experience. You will have knowledge of software-based microsystems / control and communication systems including Modbus and Ethernet. You will also have a successful track record of delivering accurate, comprehensive requirements to specific timescales and release schedules. To succeed in this role, you will have the ability to interpret and design electrical circuits & PLC’S and have excellent written and oral skills.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities