We are currently seeking to hire a Controls Engineer to work on a protection control and automation, in electrical power control and monitoring systems.
- Designing, developing and configuring real time control software for generator and power system control and monitoring systems.
- Designing, developing and configuring HMI software for generator and power system control and monitoring systems.
- Designing and configuring network topologies using managed and unmanaged switches.
- Work to high standards of software quality control including use of revision control software.
- Preparation and review of technical specifications and applications engineering for control system projects.
- Provision of technical support to customers and to Brush sales, manufacturing, testing, commissioning functions.
- Participate in cross-functional activities such as customer meetings, quality improvements, product and project review.
- Support sales and service personnel by occasionally working on sites in the UK, offshore and overseas when required.
- Provide regular project progress updates, escalating potential impacts to customer and delivery expectations to relevant stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Working Knowledge of electrical power systems - PLCs, Protection Relays, Control Equipment, Automation Solutions etc.
- Degree in Software, Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering, Computer Science or similar related subject.
- Competency in C and C++ for QNX, Visual Studio, embedded Linux or Windows
- Experience developing SCADA and/or embedded control systems
- Working to high standards of software quality control including use of revision control software such as GIT and CVS
- Awareness of commercial issues and market led product development.
- Good working knowledge of IP networks including TCP/IP and UDP/IP.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities