Brush Americas is a unit of Brush Group, a large worldwide group with a footprint reaching from Pittsburgh, U.S to Melbourne, Australia. Brush Group has grown for over 130 years to be recognized as the largest independent manufacturer of electrical equipment including 2 and 4-pole Turbogenerators, Power Management Systems, Transformers, BRUSH Switchgear and Harrington Diesel Generators. We have a variety of clients across all sectors including oil and gas, power management and marine sectors, providing innovative and complex solutions to our demanding customer base.
The controller will be the guarantor of the accuracy and timeliness of the financial information for the site. Working closely with the BRUSH head office finance team and the local Operations manager as well as the local Finance Manager, the BUS controller will implement a strong financial control environment on site, make sure appropriate accounting policies and procedures are applied and meet all group reporting requirements accurately and timely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure adequate control environment
- Streamline the current processes to ensure accurate and timely financial data
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are documented and followed
- Support HR in the monthly payroll process
- Implement a strong balance sheet review and account reconciliation process, driving a “no surprises” mentality with the team
- Own and update the local Delegation of Authority matrix, and ensure it is correctly adhered to
- Manage cash and foreign currency positions in line with Group policies
- Ensuring appropriate controls are in place across all areas including but not limited to the purchase cycle, banking/treasury, sales invoicing, inventory, FX hedging, accruals and journals posting
- People Management
- Support and develop the finance team in accordance with BRUSH policy and procedure
- Build a strong link between local and Group finance teams
- Succession planning
- Management Reporting
- Month end reporting in line with group obligations
- Support Group’s forecasting and budgeting process where necessary
- Legal Reporting
- Lead the local audit and reporting process
- Liaise with internal auditors and 3rd parties as required
- Support the business in all tax reporting requirements
- Ad-hoc projects
- All employees have a legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and to observe and follow the relevant systems, rules and methods of working
- Ensure all data protection activities of personal and special category data; pertaining to current employees, customers, and all other external stakeholders, are done so in line with the company’s data Protection Policy.
- The job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be required of you by the Company
The Ideal Candidate
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Qualifications or Functional Experience:
- A qualified accountant / CPA
- A minimum of 5 years relevant post-qualification experience (Manufacturing/Service and Project environment)
- Proven experience of leading a team
- Knowledge of current financial and accounting legislation and practice
- Understanding of US & Canadian taxes
- Management of external / internal auditor process
- Balance Sheet reconciliation and review process
- Implementing control environment
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Brush Americas reserves the right, upon a conditional offer of employment, to require the applicant to submit to and receive a negative result for drug and/or alcohol testing. In addition, employees are subject to both annual and random drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment.
It is our commitment at Brush Americas to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.