Continuous Improvement Engineer
We are currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer to support the Lean transformation of the BRUSH Transformers manufacturing Unit.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will conduct on-field change implementation projects for performance improvement, coaching and developing people to drive cultural change and embed lean principles. They will analyse current processes on-site and drive new continuous improvement, to help ensure the required quality, time frames and costings/budgets are adhered to.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate and suitable Continuous Improvement (CI) processes for the achievement of quality, schedule adherence, cost reduction, etc.
- Analyse processes using established CI techniques to optimize performance (statistical analyses, time studies, value stream mapping, 5S, SMED, problem solving, etc).
- Facilitate CI teams and apply to CI efforts the Lean Six Sigma Methodology (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control) and Lean Manufacturing tools, to achieve financial and customer benefits.
- Establish processes, benchmarks, tracking systems, timelines, and procedures for implementation of best practices.
- Facilitate the establishment of 5S in the workplace.
- Mentor, coach and teach colleagues in utilizing Lean Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Collaborate with operations teams to identify improvement opportunities and establish project goals, strategies and priorities.
- Introduce the concepts of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and provide a range of practical tools and techniques for improving Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Develop an action plan for implementing, sustaining and continuously improving TPM.
The Ideal Candidate
- HND/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Experience of Lean/Kaizen management is must.
- Must have experience of implementation of change projects within a business and factory environment, with a good knowledge of best practice.
- Understanding of lean tools and techniques is a must (e.g. value stream mapping, 5S, SMED, flow and problem solving).
- Solid statistical, analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills through effective influencing and challenging of an organisation.
- Six sigma qualification from a recognized institution is preferred.
- Excellent presentation, communication and group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to have rapport with/work well with shop floor personnel and be an overall good communicator at all levels to be able to develop and deliver training in CI techniques.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities