A great opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Engineer to join the Transformer Service Department at Brush based in Loughborough. Reporting into the Commercial Supervisor the successful candidate will be responsible for handling all commercial activities including, processing of transformer/ tapchanger, handling spares and services enquiries and processing orders, in line with requirements. You will also be responsible for scheduling and contractual deliverables, agreed within the tendering process as well as cash collection.
- Execute commercial projects and tendering including all associated warranty commitments.
- Ensure on time delivery of enquiries and orders.
- Take requirements agreed within tendering process and effectively planning delivery based on these.
- Accountable for the successful delivery to cost, specification and schedule for a defined package of work.
- Create and maintain key project documentation, including but not limited to, tender, works order and invoicing instructions.
- Effectively execute changes to the project.
- Maintain excellent levels of customer satisfaction and meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Work with senior commercial managers, project managers, the sales managers, and all relevant stakeholders to ensure clear communication of project progress.
- Manage allocated projects to ensure they are completed on schedule and within budgeted costs, and highlighting issues at the earliest opportunity.
- Negotiate and accurately record customer project variations.
- Minimise Company's exposure to liabilities.
- Maintain current and accurate records within the Company's Customer Relationship Management (PDM) system.
- Track project deliverables and costs using appropriate tools.
- Monitor and report on progress of projects and tenders in a timely manner.
- Ensure all payments are received within the timeframe in the contract and highlighting deviations
- Work with the Sales Managers and Customer Services Managers to assess customer satisfaction on all projects completed and future sales opportunities.
- Responsibility for cash collection.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in a similar role. You will also have an HNC, ONC (or equivalent) in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline. PRINCE2/APM (or equivalent) is desirable however not essential. To succeed in this role, you will have strong communication skills, customer focussed, flexible and willing to adapt with product knowledge of transformers and associated equipment.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities