Brush Americas is a unit of Brush Group, a large worldwide group with a footprint reaching from Pittsburgh, U.S to Melbourne, Australia. Brush Group has grown for over 130 years to be recognized as the largest independent manufacturer of electrical equipment including 2 and 4-pole Turbogenerators, Power Management Systems, Transformers, BRUSH Switchgear and Harrington Diesel Generators. We have a variety of clients across all sectors including oil and gas, power management and marine sectors, providing innovative and complex solutions to our demanding customer base.
Summary: Winds coils for repair of electric motor and generator parts, such as rotors, stators, and armatures, using original winding as guide to determine number of turns and size of wire by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Winds coil on machine or directly into slots of rotors, stators, and armatures.
- Winds tape around coils by hand to insulate coils.
- Cuts and forms sheet insulation to fit slots.
- Safely use of brazing equipment consisting of induction, resistance, or torch.
- Performs some electrical testing.
- Obtain critical measurements and create wiring and blocking diagrams.
- Clean and prepare coils prior to winding.
- Overtime is a requirement as-needed which may include, weekdays, weekends or holidays.
- This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and employee may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be required by the Company.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Ideal Candidate
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Brush Americas reserves the right, upon a conditional offer of employment, to require the applicant to submit to and receive a negative result for drug and/or alcohol testing. In addition, employees are subject to both annual and random drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment.
It is our commitment at Brush Americas to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH US we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive benefits package which includes 401K and a tuition reimbursement plan
- Overtime for qualifying positions
- Shift differentials for qualifying positions
- Per diem when applicable
- Car allowance for qualifying positions
- On-the-job training for certain shop positions
Applicants must have or be eligible to obtain proper documentation to work in the US.
Brush Americas requires employees to submit to and receive a negative result for drug and/or alcohol testing in order to be eligible to work in the US. In addition, employees are subject to both annual and random drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment.
It is our commitment at Brush to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.