A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Buyer to join our team at Brush Switchgear based in South Wales. The successful candidate will ensure effective value for money, directly source core purchase of production materials and indirect spend whilst managing professional supplier relationships and assuring quality service to the business. You will also be responsible for procuring all business requirements effectively, ensuring your portfolio delivers on-time and identifying supply solutions.
- To ensure the most cost effective and efficient inflow of materials and services.
- Review and contribute to the delivery of personal, departmental, and business metrics and KPIs.
- Prepare and provide constructive contributions with team meetings that develop the business and department agenda as well as enhancing personal and team development.
- Commercially responsible and accountable for a selection of Commodities, commodity groups, business areas and suppliers assigned by the Senior Buyer or Procurement Manager.
- Responsible and accountable for all non-production spend commodities, commodity groups, and suppliers including all line side production consignment stock suppliers.
- Procurement Master Data responsibility for all components associated to your assigned suppliers.
- Establishing the necessary procurement modes and strategy for each assigned supplier.
- To initiate, negotiate, manage, and effectively maintain supply agreements, service level agreements and contracts as applicable.
- Attend and lead supplier Relationship and Performance meetings (SRM/SPM) whilst initiating and maintaining effective relationships with suppliers and all other key stakeholders.
- Introduce, develop, and manage individual and supplier KPI’s.
- Identify alternative suppliers ensuring due diligence is carried out in a timely and professional manner.
- Undertake, manage and responsibility for Vendor benchmarking.
- Contribute to the procurement strategy.
- Deliver an exceptional level of customer experience to all stakeholders.
- Place orders in accordance with the business steams output, including MRP.
- Validate MRP output and managing demand patterns into the business.
- Adjust order coverage in place and issuing orders to maintain the adequate supply of goods and rescheduling orders according to the build and master schedule production plans.
- Monitoring and reporting of Supplier performance
- Supplier order book management including but not limited to progressing and expediting deliveries from vendors.
- Deputizing and covering work streams for colleagues during their periods of absence.
- Develops and maintains the approved supplier list.
- Drive collaboration across Brush group through regular engagement with wider Procurement function and participation in cross business category wide projects
- Support the annual Finance budgeting process through the identification of a cost saving pipeline.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have experience of working within the manufacturing industry and be familiar with product design and manufacturing processes. You will also have knowledge of MRP, ERP & MRP II systems. You will also have the ability to develop good supplier relationships, strong commercial awareness and experience in sourcing and procurement. To succeed in this role, you will have excellent communication skills with suppliers and team members and have the willingness to adapt to new approaches.
Please note that this role will involve occasional travel to meet with suppliers.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities